"She is too fond of books, and it has turned her brain." {Louisa May Alcott}

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Birthplace of the Renaissance

The beautiful and cultural country of Italy has been calling to me for quite some time. I have been taking Italian in school and despite all of the difficult verb tenses, I love it. Hands down, unequivocally, love it. The language is so lyrical and beautiful, it is a joy to even struggle through it. My pitiful attempts at mastering the Italian have led me to the conclusion that the only way to become fluent is to live it. To immerse myself entirely in Italian culture, language, everyday life. And to do that, one must go to Italy!

Spring 2011: I will be studying abroad in Florence.

I may have yet to apply [be accepted, pay for it, etc.] but I already know that I will be going for sure. There is no doubt in my mind... I just need to work out a few kinks is all.

1 comment:

  1. Oh My Gosh... I am 90% jealous and the other 10% is over the top excited for you!!! ha ha ha ha..... That really is amazing... I can't wait to read all of your posts and see your pictures from Italy!!!!! I want to do the Amalfi Coast, and Crete.. and see the Blue Grotto and eat all the Italian food!!!! Keep us updated!!! XO!