"She is too fond of books, and it has turned her brain." {Louisa May Alcott}

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Del Mar Fair

Since I'm supposed to be writing a paper for my English class, and am procrastinating as usual, I decided to post an itty bitty blog post instead of wandering aimlessly around Facebook, as I am wont to do. Anyways, I went to the Del Mar fair yesterday, and to be truthful, I was sorta/kinda disappointed. I guess I was just expecting it to be less county fair like, and more... I don't know, just MORE. It was simply a glorified version of the El Dorado County Fair back in the 'ville, with tons more people and ungodly amounts of fried food. Even butter! which shouldn't even qualify as a food - more of a heart attack on a plate, along with the deep fried klondike bars and twinkies. On the plus side however, I did get to see the world's largest horse: 19 hands tall (that's six and a half feet) and 3,000 pounds!

No comments:

Post a Comment