"She is too fond of books, and it has turned her brain." {Louisa May Alcott}

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Olympic Spa

Set in the heart of Koreatown, LA, The Olympic Spa at first glance seems uninviting and almost run down. But, pull around to the back of this Korean bathhouse and you are greeted with valet parking and a smiling receptionist who promptly ushers you into the women only, no swimsuits allowed, spa and treatment area. As you walk in, you're reminded of a glorified locker room, and the atmosphere takes a little getting used to, with the completely nude women milling about and the Korean attendants dressed only in black bra and underwear. Women from all walks of life come to bathe in the hot and cold mineral tubs, steam in the jade steam room, sweat out toxins in the sauna filled with purifying charcoal or take a rejuvenating nap on the sprawling and beneficial jade floor. And all of this is included when you book an appointment for any of the different, and I'm sure equally amazing [cause mine definitely was], treatments
I got the The Milk and Honey Smoothie which consisted of an intense all over, and I mean all over, body scrub followed by a honey massage and warm milk rinse, then a cucumber mask was slathered on my face while my attendant washed my hair. Afterward my skin was ridiculously soft, I couldn't stop touching myself [not like that, pervs] and I was incredibly relaxed. You’ll leave the Olympic Spa feeling rejuvenated and drooling to book your next appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment