"She is too fond of books, and it has turned her brain." {Louisa May Alcott}

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Giardini di Perfezione

While I was in touring Ireland this past month, I was able to experience some the greenest landscapes I have ever seen in my life. It was amazing. Even within all of this wild lushness, two manicured gardens captured my interest. The first I saw while I was in the tiny little mountain town of Glendalough. It was a garden of the senses. Sight, touch, and smell were represented there. There were fragrant spearmint and peppermint plants, soft chamomile, and beautiful flowers. It was magical because every person could be able to enjoy it.



The second garden that I fell in love with was the Poison Garden at Blarney Castle. I know it sounds morbid, but it was absolutely fascinating! Every single plant in this garden was poisonous is someway, and was heavily marked as such. But there were also explanations about each plant with its history and the features of its poison. I vow to have a similar garden when I have a place of my own... maybe along with another one that is a little bit more functional, like a herb and veggie garden as well. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment