"She is too fond of books, and it has turned her brain." {Louisa May Alcott}

Monday, May 9, 2011

Gotta get that money, honey


Money, money, money. This stupid idea that makes the world go round, that everyone strives for but always ends up resenting, yet wanting/needing more. I effing hate it! I swear over here in Italy, it is spent even quicker. And the freaking exchange rate from dollar --> euro does not help in the slightest. The exchange rate right now is 1.45 I think, making everything here 18746392 times more expensive.

This weekend I went to Bologna, Modena, and Verona. While these places were fun and worthwhile to see, they definitely were NOT economical in the slightest. I managed to somehow blow almost 300 dollars in one weekend. So for the rest of the month, I will be subsisting on frozen veggies for every meal. I just hope that I will be able to make it through without having to borrow money, AGAIN, from my parents considering that I just did only 3 weeks ago and it is almost gone. I am not looking forward to having to pay them back over the following months. I think that it will be quite a bit... -_-

I really need to learn to control my spending. I thought that I was good at it, but I didn't realize how hard it can be when you are surrounded by people who don't need to. They always pressure you to buy, that you need 'this' or 'that', when in reality, you really don't. HELP!

No comments:

Post a Comment