"She is too fond of books, and it has turned her brain." {Louisa May Alcott}

Thursday, May 5, 2011

"An Instant Era"

I was surfing the web the other day, and came across this article about fashion, by Sara. Now to be one hundred percent honest, I am no fashionista in any way, shape, or form. Sure I like to look good, but generally its the old jeans and tee, nothing eclectic or out of the box. But I digress...

This article doesn't really address the conventional idea of fashion, which is what made me look into it. It talks about the effect that fashion has on society, and that it essentially shapes so many different aspects of it. It affects our world in so many more ways than we consciously think. It definitely made me think of the role of fashion in my life, and how it subconsciously affects me everyday.




Here's a preview of the article "An Instant Era - An Era Under Anesthesia"

"The collective unconsciousness of the world of fashion has been followed by a cultural thoughtlessness.

Fashion has become more than a simple word, it is a word that has the power to generate movement, a movement that has the power to lead the mass.

Fashion has become a lifestyle, a way of thinking.

This is why we must rethink, not the meaning of the word fashion, but what is being communicated under such premise..."

No comments:

Post a Comment